Great Hometown locally owned restaurant. Nice variety on menu. Friendly service. Wonderful Pie!
Fava's Catering - Do NOT use!.
The saying, “You get what you pay for.” Is so true with Fava’s Catering of Georgetown, KY. As a bride working on a budget, I thought I had found a bargain; I was wrong. I don’t know anyone who likes to read really long reviews, so I am going to make a list of all of the problems.
• Only one member of the wait staff showed up in uniform, black pants and a white shirt. The others were not presentable (jeans and a dingy, un-tucked t-shirt, in my opinion, is unacceptable)
• They forgot to bring the ice and then started serving salads before anyone had anything to drink.
• They also started serving salads before all of the guests were seated, the introductions had been made, and the prayer had been said. In a previous meeting, we had asked that the service not start until after these three things were done.
• Despite being under our estimated count, they RAN OUT of food! An entire table was fed a couple of empty shells with a piece or two of broccoli, instead of the agreed upon menu of stuffed shells and mixed vegetables.
• Some guests received burnt food.
• They were under staffed, and some of my close friends ended up serving the other guests.
• The wait staff was rude to my husband and told him to get out when he went to talk to the owner about the situation. The owner, however, could only be addressed where they were preparing the food, since she was not dressed in an acceptable manner.
• The owner had the audacity to tell my mother that the issues were her fault. The owner would not take responsibility for her mistakes. Being blamed put a slight damper on mother’s evening.
Please, please, please, do not suffer from the same disappointment and embarrassment I did. If I had to do it again and could only choose between Fava’s Catering or serving chicken nuggets and french-fries, I would opt to serve the fast food at my elegant wedding. At least it wouldn’t have been burnt and we would not have run out! It probably also would not have come with a ton of attitude either.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!